Registration and deregistration
If you change the municipality of residence, you must deregister with the old municipality of residence and register with the new one. You can usually do this online. You can find information on this here.

Migrants from a third country with a residence permit must obtain information in good time from the residents' registration office of the municipality of residence or from the cantonal migration authority as to what additional steps must be taken in the event of a move. This applies in particular to a change of canton, because a new residence permit is usually required for residence in another canton.

You can find helpful checklists on the subject of moving here.

Scroll to Top