Continuing education

Continuing education

Where you can find out about continuing education courses, how foreign diplomas are recognized and how you can do an apprenticeship as an adult - you can find answers to these and many other questions in this section.


01. Is there financial support for continuing education?

In many cases the employer pays the further training partly or completely. Especially if they want you to attend the course. Discuss this issue with your employer before registering for the course.

Those who have problems paying for education or training can ask for help in various places. There is the possibility, Scholarships or loans to be obtained.

Here you will find an overview of the scholarship system in the canton of Obwalden as well as addresses of various scholarship offices.

02. How are foreign diplomas recognized?

Foreign Matura degrees are not recognized at the federal level. For admission to a course of study, contact the relevant college or university directly.

Detailed information on the recognition of foreign diplomas can be found on the website of the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation.

On the website of the Rectors' Conference of the Swiss Universities you will find information on the recognition of baccalaureate and university degrees.

Scroll to Top