04. Which family members may I bring to Switzerland if I am from an EU/EFTA state?

If you are an EU/EFTA citizen and have a residence permit or short-term residence permit for Switzerland, the following of your family members may move to Switzerland:

  • Spouse or partner in a registered partnership.
  • Children and grandchildren (including those of your spouse) up to the age of 21. Older children and grandchildren may join you if you are responsible for their maintenance.
  • Parents and grandparents (including those of your spouse) if you are responsible for their support.

If you are in education (school, studies), you may only have your wife or husband and dependent children join you in Switzerland.

Here you will find the application for family reunification, which you have to fill out in case of family reunification.

Further information on the topic of family reunification is available here.

Scroll to Top